30. June 2021
Pickled Red Onions
Nothing says “I care” like sides and condiments that light up a main dish. In this case we’re talking about the best thing you can do for Pork Carnitas Tacos and other taco dishes.
- 1 lb Red Onions thinly sliced
- 1 Cup White vinegar
- 1 tsp Cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano dried
- 4 Garlic cloves sliced
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1 Beet trimmed peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- Place onions into medium, saucepan and pour in enough water to cover. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Strain and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in the saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a container, cover and refrigerate at least a day befor serving.
Pickled onions will keep in the refrigerator up to a month.