25. July 2011
We were Meant to be Here
Willa slept very well last night and will go to LSU this morning for her first full day of treatment. I just spoke to the nurse who will admit Willa and “today is the last long day”. Tuesday through Friday I’ll be able to wait while she is treated.
It is not lost on me that there is a reason for everything. Seemingly unrelated events, one after another, that, in time, reveal a pattern that, in the 20/20 vision of hindsight, make perfect sense.
Consider Willa’s life involving Louisiana:
- Raised by Mary Jane an amazing, loving LSU graduate (Geaux Tigers!)
- Aunt Cheryl, also an LSU grad, lives in Slidell, LA (St. Tammany Parish)
- Trained as a Search Dog
- Advanced Search Dog Training in St. Tammany Parish by LASAR Dogs. (Still THE single coolest event I have ever attended.)
- Responded to Slidell, LA following Hurricane Katrina to assist in the search for victims
- Returns to Slidell, LA to teach the kids about SAR Dogs and volunteering in 2007 and again in 2011
- Contracts cancer and needs the best available treatment, LSU Cancer Treatment Unit is ready for us
We’re in good hands.